LIREQA: Linking Academic Recognition and Quality Assurance
Project is implemented under Erasmus+ programme (Key action 3: Support for Policy Reform) initiative for policy innovation giving support to forward-looking cooperation projects on policy developments and European policy experimentations led by high level organisations and public authorities to stimulate innovate policies and prepare their implementation.
Project aims at contributing to fair recognition of qualifications by developing recommendations to relate academic recognition and both internal and external quality assurance. Outcomes of this project are related with the implementation of the revised Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European of Higher Education Area (ESG) endorsed by Ministers of Education in Yerevan in May 2015, which contains a clear expectation to align institutional recognition with principles of the LRC, and to foster cooperation with other institutions, quality assurance agencies, national ENIC/NARIC centres.
Project activities include desk research and surveys of ENIC/NARIC centers, Quality Agencies, Higher Education Institutions on the status quo and future expectations; developing recommendations for ensuring fair recognition via quality assurance mechanisms; validation and dissemination within ENIC/NARIC centres, Quality agencies, Higher Education Institutions.
Project is devoted to enhance the European dimension in recognition and to contribute to policy development of recognition on the European agenda, to establish benchmarking, best practices, to promote cooperation between members of the network partners in the field of recognition, to ensure coherence and interactivity with other partners and networks in related fields.
- Mapping the present situation and learning of expectations and possibilities for improvement from the main stakeholders (ENIC/NARIC centres, Quality Agencies, Higher Education Institutions);
- Creating a set of recommendations to address fair recognition of qualifications via external and internal quality assurance;
- Capacity building of ENIC/NARIC centres, Quality Agencies and Higher Education Institutions.
Project partnership consists of:
- NARIC centers: SKVC (coordinator, LT), AIC (LV), EP-Nuffic (NL), NOKUT (NO);
- Quality Agencies: CTI (FR), ANECA (ES), AQU Catalunya (ES);
- Networks: European Association for Quality Assurance of Higher Education (ENQA);
- Advisory Board: President of Intergovernmental Lisbon Recognition Convention Committee (LRC); representative of ESU (European Student Union); representative of higher education institutions, coming from EUA; External expert, former member of NARIC Advisory Board.
Project implementation timeline: 1 December 2016 – 30 November 2018.
For more information:
Ms. Aurelija Valeikienė, Project Manager
Tel.(+370-5) 210 54 02
Ms. Birutė Noreikaitė, Project Administrator
Tel. (+370 5) 205 33 20
Project contact persons at AIC:
Sarmīte Rutkovska, Head of Projects Department, (+371) 67210166, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ināra Dunska, Deputy Head of Diploma Recognition Department, (+371) 67358237, email@example.com
Asnate Kažoka, Expert of Higher Education Quality Agency, (+371) 67225155, firstname.lastname@example.org